Monday 2 January 2012

happy new year foodies

today I had an amazingly lovely day. My niece introduced me to a new supermarket where I found some very interesting foods to try. In my bid to eat a healthier this year, I bought a lot of nuts, coconut oil, coconut milk, some very tasty noodles (which I had not had before).

As soon as we got home, we made a coconut and carrot cake. This cake had no sugar in it and no dairy, was sweetened with agarve and dates and we used coconut milk. We baked the mixture patly as muffins and partly as flat cake ( see right)



We made an interesting and healthy dish for our weird time meal, We ate at 5 which is too late for lunch and too early for dinner. We had noodles, avocado, roasted cashew nuts and mixed seeds, runner beans and corgette. drizzled some olive oil. Enjoyed the food immensely, even more than usual because it wsa so healthy. Yum .



I followed the meal with some Iranian ice cream. It had pistachio nuts and rose water. Also Yummy. Being greedy as I am, I followed the lot later with some baklava

I love cooking, I wanted to make granola today but had no time, hopefully will make it tomorrow.

One of the most interesting food blogs is developed by my aforementioned niece. Her blog is called
"the girl who ate the world" check it out. thanks for reading. enjoy your food

No comments:

Post a Comment